Monday, March 8, 2010

this little light of mine

I loved that song as a little kid... "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." I must have sung that song a thousand times or more. I loved it. It seemed so simple. My little kid mind could never imagine the struggles that would come and threaten not only to hide that light, but to snuff it out completely. Many times that light was in jeopardy because I thought I could keep it lit while playing with fire. Other times, it was nearly extinguished by the actions of others. Yet, here it flickers, hope amid the trials and consequence of choices. Now, I realize, I never kept it lit... Grace did. So, with thankfulness, and as God desires, I'm gonna let it shine.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may
be enlightened so you may know what
is the hope of His calling. . .
and what is the immeasurable
greatness of His power to us who believe. . .
Ephesians 1:18a,19a,

No comments:

Post a Comment


My 95 year old Grandpa sends me pictures to remind me of home :) I love his perspective and thoughtfulness.